Why Local Produce?
The Finest Local Produce
Supporting local farmers
“A simple way to a better quality of life.”
When you choose to support a local farmer, of food producer, you are contributing to the health and well-being of ourselves and our economy.
Seasonal, organic, sustainable agriculture is respectful to the way food should be grown and produced. It tastes better, is more nutritious and makes us feel good.
Cottage Box is committed to reducing food miles, food wastage and supporting local producers.
“Before food became industrialised and products were manufactured globally, all consumption was local.”
Local Food & Drink Benefits
- Connection to the community and the land we share.
- Support for our economy and hardworking regional producers.
- Low food miles reduce the environmental impact of transporting food.
- Shorter distribution chains for local foods mean less food is wasted in transport, warehousing, and merchandising.
- Local food is fresher, healthier and tastes better, because it spends less time in transit from farm to plate, and therefore, loses fewer nutrients and incurs less spoilage.
- Buying local food helps local farms survive and thrive, keeping land from being redeveloped.
- Local foods promote a safer food supply. The more steps there are between you and your food’s source the more chances there are for contamination. Food grown in distant locations has the potential for food safety issues at harvesting, washing, shipping and distribution.